Which F-Secure Anti-Virus products are supported?
With your paid maintenance, you will receive the following:
- LISTSERV running on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (including R2 where appropriate): a key for F-Secure Server Security Standard for Windows Servers
- L-Soft currently certifies F-Secure Server Security Standard 12.x for use with LISTSERV 16.0-2014b and later, however, LISTSERV 16.5 is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- Please note that L-Soft does not provide licenses for the sister product F-Secure Email and Server Security, nor do we provide licenses for any "premium" version of the F-Secure software. We are licensed only for F-Secure Server Security Standard, which is all that is needed with LISTSERV. If downloading the product directly from F-Secure, please be aware of the difference and be sure to download the correct kit.
DOCUMENTED RESTRICTION: Unfortunately, F-Secure no longer provides a standalone kit for FSAV for Windows Workstation (or for the replacement product F-Secure Client Security). This makes it impossible for L-Soft to provide FSAV kits for Windows Workstation class operating systems (7, 8.x, 10, and so forth). Please see below for a discussion of alternatives.
- LISTSERV running on Linux: a key for F-Secure Linux Security.
- L-Soft currently certifies F-Secure Linux Security 11.x for use with LISTSERV 16.0-2014b and later, however, LISTSERV 16.5 is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- LISTSERV running on other platforms: you must purchase a LISTSERV Anti-Virus Station running on one of the above Windows platforms in order to benefit from LISTSERV's anti-virus protection with F-Secure. (A Linux LISTSERV server cannot act as an AVS platform.)
Other F-Secure Anti-Virus products, purchased separately directly from F-Secure, may work with LISTSERV as well, but are not certified by L-Soft, and there are no guarantees of interoperability.