LISTSERV Choice Awards 2012: FAQ
1. What is the L-Soft LISTSERV Choice Awards program?
2. How do I nominate a list for consideration?
3. Which types of lists and campaigns are eligible?
4. Are non-English lists eligible?
5. Can private lists participate?
6. What is the deadline for nominations to be submitted?
7. What are the rules for voting?
8. How does the review of nominations and selection of grand prize winner work?
9. What are the specific judging criteria?
10. When and where is the winner announced?
11. What are the prizes, and who receives them?
The LISTSERV Choice Awards program, also known as "The Mailys", began in 2004 and is a unique, worldwide recognition program for email list and email marketing excellence. The program is currently in its seventh year. LISTSERV email lists and LISTSERV Maestro email marketing campaigns are eligible for nomination and for award of the grand prize. Both commercial and non-commercial lists are eligible. L-Soft will contact the winning entry's list owner or administrator personally by email or telephone.
Nomination should be submitted online through the nomination form.
The following information must be included in the nominations:
- Name of email list or campaign
- Nominator's reason or motivation for submitting the email list for award consideration
- URLs to the list archives or examples of past mailings or newsletters so that L-Soft can assess the email list
All LISTSERV email lists and LISTSERV Maestro email marketing campaigns, both commercial and non-commercial, are eligible for nomination and encouraged to participate.
Yes, the nominated email lists can originate from any country or operate in any language as long as the nomination information is complete, valid and submitted in English.
Any email list can participate as long as it is managed with LISTSERV or LISTSERV Maestro software, which may be hosted or operated in-house. Both commercial and non-commercial email lists are eligible. Please note that the award jury must be able to access list postings, archives, etc., in order to assess the list or campaign.
Nominations must be received via the nomination form by 6 p.m. Central European Time, July 31, 2012. We highly encourage participants to nominate their favorite lists as soon as possible so that the public will have ample time to vote for the lists.
- Polls close August 31, 2012, at 6 p.m. Central European Time.
- You may vote once every 24 hours.
- After voting, you will be locked out from voting again (on the computer you voted from) for 24 hours.
- The voting consists of separate monthly contests. Counters will be reset at the beginning of each month.
- L-Soft reserves the right to close some or all polls earlier than the posted end date.
- The five finalists will be announced the fall of 2012.
Like previous years, the public will be able to vote for their favorite lists and to keep tabs on how each list is doing in the polls. The voting consists of individual monthly contests, and the counters will be reset at the beginning of each month. The polls will open April 1, 2012, and close August 31, 2012.
In any given month, the nominated list that receives the highest number of votes and has not already qualified as a finalist will become that month's finalist. Five different finalists will be selected, one for each month of voting: April, May, June, July and August. A list may receive the highest actual number of votes in more than one month, but all five finalists will be given equal jury consideration for the grand prize award.
After the monthly voting closes for each month, L-Soft will tabulate the votes and announce the monthly winner that has advanced as a finalist. The L-Soft jury and CEO Eric Thomas will select the grand prize winner from the five finalists. The decision of the jury is final.
Stay tuned to L-Soft's LISTSERV at Work newsletter as we report about the progress of the voting until the end of 2012 when we announce the grand prize winner.
The five finalists among the nominated lists and campaigns are judged according to information provided as well as the L-Soft award jury's research. Judges will analyze content, email list or campaign activity, subscriber involvement, functionality, overall concept and innovative and effective use of LISTSERV or LISTSERV Maestro technology with an eye to the overall success and benefit of the list or campaign. The L-Soft award jury's decision is final.
The LISTSERV Choice Awards winner will be announced on the L-Soft website, in the LISTSERV at Work newsletter and in press releases at the end of 2012. All winners will be contacted personally. To keep updated, subscribe to LISTSERV at Work.
Everyone who nominates a new list and submits a valid, completed nomination form to L-Soft will receive an L-Soft promotional item as a thank you (up to 3 promos per list). The first nominator for a list will receive an additional limited-edition LISTSERV 25th anniversary pin.
All email lists that run on L-Soft's LISTSERV email list software or LISTSERV Maestro email marketing software (including email newsletters, announcement lists and discussion groups) are eligible.
The Grand Prize Winner (the email list owner or administrator) will receive:
- A special framed certificate, signed by Eric Thomas, L-Soft CEO and creator of LISTSERV
- Additional software licenses or hosting services, based on L-Soft's assessment
- 10 L-Soft t-shirts to raffle among email list subscribers
- An award logo that the organization or email list owner can use, for example on the email list subscription web page
- A special grand prize award
The winning email list will be featured in the LISTSERV at Work newsletter and in press releases and other communications, according to L-Soft's discretion.
For more information about the LISTSERV Choice Awards, visit:
For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LISTSERV is a registered trademark licensed to L-Soft international, Inc.
All other trademarks, both marked and unmarked, are the property of their respective owners.
See Guidelines for Proper Usage of the LISTSERV Trademark for more details.